Careers: Deskside Engineer
Within this Deskside Engineer role you will be work across multiple client sites in Ireland providing cover for team members while on leave as well as acting as an additional resource when projects dictate. You will gain great exposure to client sites and multiple technologies and environments. The role is heavily customer focused and main responsibilities would involve on the spot troubleshooting.
What you get to do in this role
- Providing technical support to Client users deskside and phone support
- Effective diagnosis & troubleshooting of Win 7/8/10, MS Office 2010 – Office 365
- Active Directory users and computers management,
- Effective diagnosis & troubleshooting on hardware; desktops, laptops, local/network printers and applications
- Imaging of laptops and desktops and encryption and installation of same
- Network troubleshooting & diagnosis of net cards, net points & network.
- Installation & Configuration of hardware, OS & PC products supported applications
- Resolve customer issues using the tools and systems available and update call and user databases as required.
- Provide Training Room support in relation to the setup of ICT equipment in training rooms.
- Management of Citrix FOB, 3G device deployment and troubleshooting.
- Setup of PDA / iPad / iPhone / Blackberry /Smart phone USB as covered by IMACs.
- Inventory management.
- Invoke escalation procedure both technical & non-technical in a prompt and timely manner.
- Daily backup checks and tape management
- Software deployment
- Citrix Terminal Services troubleshooting
- Adhere to policies and procedures within the group.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has the following:
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software is essential
- Windows 7/8/10
- MS Office 2010 / 2016 / Office 365
- Networking technologies (WAN/LAN) & understanding of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of service desk Call Logging Tools.
- Experience with encryption tools.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work on site hours 7am – 7pm
- HP printer maintenance experience desirable
- Webjetadmin (HP) experience desirable
Full working rights within Ireland are required to fulfil this position.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.