Careers: Deskside Support Engineer
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Technical Support role
- First Line Technical Support to all users including secure remote connections which are facilitated through edge infrastructure
- Configuration of hardware, mobile devices, peripherals and software installations, including support for new server and end-user device build developments
- Troubleshooting across data services/applications, voice and services including LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, access and authentication, ensuring timely resolution and/or if required escalation to the appropriate high level technology team
- User Management to include Adds/Moves/Changes:
- Of Users in accordance with AD roles, groups and policies
- Of user email accounts
- Of users with smartphone devices including configuring and testing
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Installation and removal of ICT equipment within building or to/from other offices as required Facilitation of Video Conferencing meetings.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has the following skills:
Excellent knowledge of desktop, laptop and mobile device hardware and Microsoft OS products including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and MS Office 2010, 2013 and 2016, Office 365
- Key Skills include
- Windows 7-10 & Microsoft Office suites
- Mobile devices (iOs, Android)
- MS Active Directory
- Video conferencing – (Currently Polycom)
- Additional skills include
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Remote monitoring software (example, SCOM, Nagios, Solar Winds, PRTG)
- Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business
- Virtualisation products (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Jitbit ticketing software
- SCCM knowledge.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.