Careers: Deskside Support Engineer
The Deskside Support Engineer will offer support within our Citywest based Multinational customer providing technical assistance for hardware/software issues.
- Provide desk-side support for employees
- Communicate effectively with customers and IT support teams on incident resolution
- Provide high resolution rate at first point of contact
- Process orders for desktop hardware and software with vendors
- Imaging and deployment of hardware to end users
- Adhere to SLA’s and ensure tickets are updated daily
- Provide problem escalation and follow up to provide exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Proven ability to diagnose issues involving common desktop applications
- Define and document helpdesk solutions and operating procedures
- Recommend customer actions to provide on-phone resolution of issues.
- Utilise approved centralized tools, processes, knowledge bases and procedures.
- Escalate more complex or critical issues to appropriate 2nd level staff.
- May be called upon to work on special projects external to support workload.
- Ensure a high level of service and customer satisfaction
Skills you will have
To be considered for this position you will at least 2 years + experience within an IT role
- Microsoft Window 10 Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Client Networking
- Remote Access systems (VPN/SecureID)
- Collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Skype for Business, OneDrive and Unified Messaging, Zoom, Slack
- System imaging using MDT or SCCM
- Networking including wireless networking and VPN
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to learning and development of creative support solutions
- Third level qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Service Now, MS Teams, Mac, Linux an advantage
- Good communications and teamwork skills
- Ability to show initiative
- Positive attitude
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.