Careers: Development Lead
As a Development Lead you will be working with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the Power Platform. We are looking for a Development Lead that understands how to leverage the Power Platform group of products to build complex business solutions, analyse and create data visualisations, automate business processes, or build virtual agents for communication.
As Development Lead you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the project, taking ownership of the end-to-end process.
- Develop & Deliver best in-class functionality from using Microsoft technologies.
- Solution envisioning and design in agile and waterfall development environments primarily with Dynamics as a platform, but introducing other elements of the Microsoft technology stack where necessary (Dynamics, ASP.NET MVC, SharePoint, SQL Server, Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI)
- Communicate with business stakeholders and business analysts to ensure the solution design meets requirements
- Maintain strong relationship with the customer and identify opportunities for further project work for both the practice and the other Auxilion teams.
- Take part in the pre-sales process, providing input to tenders and bids when necessary and prototyping and demoing solutions to potential customers
- Work with senior members of the Practice on developing and implementing operational improvements within the team
- Assist in project planning process, in estimating development effort and allocation of development and testing tasks
- Identify project risks and participate in defining risk mitigation and control activities.
- Make recommendations on the allocation of resources to projects according to skills and capacity and provide mentoring support to developer resources
- Work closely with developers to ensure implementations are in line with the proposed design and overall standards
- Work as part of the development team on smaller projects towards a quality, on-time delivery
- Evaluate new products and 3rd party components when the need arises to assess their fitness for purpose
- Maintain lean documentation, ensuring it is kept relevant and useful
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has the following:
Our ideal candidate will combine deep functional and technical knowledge of the Dynamics product (and the wider Microsoft technology stack) with excellent client engagement and consulting skills. You will have worked before in a customer-facing role and will quickly adapt to and understand unfamiliar industry sectors and business processes.
Skills and experience in the following technologies are essential:
- Microsoft Dynamics, including extension development
- .NET / C# / ASP.NET MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
- Team Foundation Server / Visual Studio Online / Azure DevOps
Some experience in the following technologies would be advantageous but not essential.
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
- Unit Testing Frameworks (such as NUnit)
- Microsoft Web Services (ASMX / WCF)
Candidates with active Microsoft certifications will be looked upon favourably.
Candidates are expected to have experience in the following non-technical areas:
- Customer requirements gathering
- Systems analysis and design
- Good understanding of core project management principles and the overall software development lifecycle
- Presentation and proposal writing
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.