Careers: Digital Services Consultant
Digital Services Consultant reporting to Consulting & Competency Director (C&C).
As a Digital Services Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work for global organisations alongside a multi-disciplined team of Strategy, Project Management, Digital Transformation and Technology professionals in our C&C team to bring the best of Auxilion to our customers.
At Auxilion the Consulting and Competency team works with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing excellence in the customer journey.
What you get to do in this role
- Work with sales to develop new digital services opportunities and build customer relationships within existing and new customer accounts.
- Assess the current state of customers’ infrastructure, develop strategies and roadmap for improvement and advise in further securing the customers’ cloud and/or physical environments and interaction with their on-premise infrastructure.
- Conduct flight plan assessments
- Provide complex technical advice, recommendations and consultancy on infrastructure, products and services supplied.
- Work with delivery teams to develop skills, capability and capacity to deliver technical projects and services.
- Peer review of technical solutions and documentation.
- Be a “trusted expert advisor” when needed – maintaining detailed industry knowledge.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for Digital Services team.
- Technical sponsor for number of key customer accounts.
- Manage Design Authorities engagement and Technical Roadmaps with our Managed Service clients
- Collaborate with peers in Sales, Delivery and C&C teams to deliver great customer experience.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical IT deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Good commercial awareness
- A proactive and agile approach
- Ability to build and leverage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and oral
- Strong business, commercial and risk management awareness with proven ability in the application of technical design governance
- Ability to work on multiple customer engagements in parallel and prioritise appropriately
- In your work, you adopt a customer/ results-oriented approach and you demonstrate strong interpersonal skills: able to lead a team, work under pressure and flexible.
- A positive can-do approach and attitude
- The ability to work independently and with relatively little oversight; good self-motivation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Holding a degree and having a technical background. Degrees in Information Technology and Information Security are preferred.
- Technical consultancy experience covering a variety of clients, a formal solution design and development methodology, formal project lifecycle experience, and experience of leading the technical design and implementation of a number of significant projects.
- 3+ years of strong experience in design and architecture of cloud solutions with at least one of the following cloud environments: Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 5+ years of experience in a professional’s services organisation or senior technical role.
- Relevant IT certifications.
- TOGAF, ITIL and cloud certifications such as CCSP, AWS or Microsoft Azure are a plus.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.