Careers: Network Security Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the network and security elements of the customer’s environment split across a central office and 2 datacenters. This includes the wired and wireless networks, network security systems, remote access and several monitoring systems.
The engineer will be based remotely (onsite in Auxilion) but will be required to go onsite as and when required. This role is day based role but is part of a team providing 24/7 support for the customer.
What you get to do in this role
- Maintenance and development of the network environment
- Interaction with project teams to facilitate new systems and upgrades
- Working in a support environment focusing on continuous operation of the various customer sites, many of them running in a high availability configuration
- Provide support and monitoring services across all areas of the network to ensure uninterrupted service and availability within the customer environment
- Incident resolution and monitoring of the estate through a number of key monitoring tools
- Participates in availability, capacity and change management processes.
- Daily monitoring and escalation of any issues ensuring a continuity of service.
- Ensure compliance of all 3rd parties to security policies
- Responsible for extending the principles of IT security (based on ISO 27000) across the customer estate
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has the following skills:
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- Layer 2 and 3 routing and switching experience
- Enterprise firewall experience
- Enterprise wireless experience
- Microsoft Azure security and networking
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (Communication to customers verbal and written is mandatory)
- Network troubleshooting
- Core Infrastructure – Cisco and HP
- Firewalls – Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Remote Access – Citrix
- 2FA/MFA – Azure and RSA
- Wireless experience – Cisco Meraki
- Content filtering – web and email
- Design experience
- Fibre channel SAN experience
- Intrusion Protection
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of working in a large network environment.
- Service oriented behavior and communication to internal customers.
- Experience with face-to-face customer liaison.
- Qualities: Integrity, attention to detail, timeline sensitive, goal oriented, motivated, pro-active in their approach
- Good communication and teamwork skills and interpersonal skills are key.
- Commitment to learning and development of creative support solutions.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.