Careers: People & Talent Manager
This role is the senior People Management position within Auxilion, and is responsible for the entire range of people-related activities across the UK and Ireland for a diverse workforce of 450 staff. This is a highly visible role, which carries with it the ability to influence culture and tone among our teams and individuals. It also requires the skills to lead our line managers in carrying out their people-related activities.
This role has overall responsibility for the following areas:
- Strategy development
- Employee benefit programmes
- Onboarding and People Development
- Employee relations and Legal
- Communications and employee awareness
- People policies and handbook development
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Human Resources Administration
- Management reporting
- Recruitment and selection
- Internal team leadership
- Mentoring and advising line management
- Data Controller for People data
- Represent the People Management function(s) at Senior Stakeholder levels, including SMT, Board and customers.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar management role
- Must have demonstrable experience in successful strategy development
- Experience in the development of training and development programmes
- Service delivery in a fast-paced IT environment.
- Experience of positively influencing challenging situations
- Knowledge and experience of pension and other benefit schemes
- Knowledge and experience of Employee Relations
- Knowledge and experience of TUPE
- Exposure to the world of GDPR, Data Protection
- Credible and professional Manner
- Independent thinker capable of influencing others, while being a good team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and carry projects and programmes through to completion
- Flexible and creative in problem resolution
- Excellent relationship builder
- Patience, understanding, compassion and realism
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability and experience dealing with Board members, SMT, and external stakeholders and customers
- Bachelor’s degree
- CIPD membership
Neither of the above is essential, however if not present, the candidate needs to demonstrate very significant mitigating experience and knowledge.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.