Careers: Project Manager – Level 1
The Project Manager has primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the projects, they are assigned. He/she is responsible for identifying key resources and providing the direction required for meeting the project objectives.
He/she is also responsible for ensuring appropriate management of customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
The Project Manager must also be able to manage project schedule and task details using appropriate project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately.
- Continually deliver a customer centric approach to all project engagements working closely with Customer experience managers (CEM) and account managers as required
- Define the project management process to be applied to the project.
- Ensure proactive reporting of escalations to the project services lead and appropriate escalation management to resolution
- Prepare project plans and obtain management approval of same
- Apply project resources according to the approved project plan.
- Analyse risk and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Track and report on progress to plan.
- Analyse the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) proactively informed of progress and issues
- Risk and issue management
- Select team members while ensuring appropriate management of customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of your projects
- Communications and Quality management
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies
- Ensure that all team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities.
- Manage change controls to preserve business plan commitments.
- Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coordinate management and technical decisions.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project.
- Provide input on the performance of project team members to their line managers
- Qualifications and skills of the Project Manager include an ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork, an ability to communicate effectively with senior management, and a clear vision of what determines a successful product for the customer and for the company. In addition, the Project Manager must have a technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the product, to be able to anticipate and identify critical technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions.
- Working Knowledge of MS Project & the MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Project Management Standards, processes & Techniques
- Team working- proactively co-operates and interacts with colleagues
- Flexible approach to change – adapts to new challenges
- Customer focus – Focuses on both internal and external customers and develops understanding of all relevant issues.
- 2/3 years proven experience in a Programme/Project environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate awareness of financial and commercial issues
- Highly computer literate
- He/she must be able to manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- He/she must have the courage to face up to issues squarely and early, resolve conflicts, admit to having problems and seek coaching openly, escalate if necessary, and generally champion the people and the project up, down, and across the organization and with customers
- Communication – communicate in a clear, concise and open manner.
- Collaboration – able to involve others as appropriate
- Commitment / Drive – the personal commitment to take responsibility and overcome obstacles in order to deliver results
- Quality focus – focuses on achieving the highest standards in all areas of activity
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.