Careers: Senior Finance Business Partner
The Finance Business Partner will report to the CFO with dotted line responsibility to business line Director. Responsible for driving a focus on profitability in all potential and current business opportunities and projects.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the key drivers of business line profitability.
- Perform regular detailed reviews of actual and forecasted income statements by business line and project and present this analysis to leadership.
- Identify and challenge business to promptly resolve any margin issues.
- Revenue and cost recognition in line with IFRS.
- Work with finance colleagues to optimize business reporting (efficiency and insightfulness)
- Regular review of all unit costs and prices used project, business line and group gross margins.
- Prepare financial analysis for board or investor presentations on existing business or target companies.
- Support business on all revenue growth initiatives (bid / PQQ meetings, effort and rates, pricing presentation, commercial terms negotiation)
- Pricing model review and upgrade including unit inputs review and revision
- Active participation in sales delivery handover and project planning.
- Ambition & track record to rotate into other business functions or step into FC role in 2-3 years (depends on experience & performance).
- Monitor intercompany and cross charging.
- Co-ordinate preparation of a quarterly market review (competitors & customers etc.).
- Co-ordinate financial and commercial aspects of post project completion analysis (Bid V Actual).
- Financial input into post bid review.
Experience and Qualifications
- Primary NUI degree.
- Qualified Accountant (1-3 years PQE).
- Professional services, technical or engineering project delivery business.
- Project, business and profitability analysis.
- Pricing and standard cost
- New business opportunity review
- Confident, curious, independent and critical thinker.
- Relationship builder and team player
- Highly numerate with real interest in margin economics and commercial aspects of deals
- Strong attention to detail & seeks out data points
- Performance oriented and energetic
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Holding a bachelor’s degree or higher and having a technical background. Degrees in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Information Security or related.
- Technical consultancy experience covering a variety of clients, a formal solution design and development methodology, formal project lifecycle experience, and experience of leading the technical design and implementation of a few significant projects.
- 3+ years of strong experience in design and architecture of cloud solutions with at least one of the following cloud environments: Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 5+ years of experience in a professional’s services organisation in solution architect/ senior technical role.
- Relevant IT certifications.
- TOGAF, ITIL and cloud certifications such as CCSP, AWS or Microsoft Azure are a plus.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.