Careers: Technical Consultant
Auxilion is a leading provider of IT outsourcing and IT managed service solutions for global IT service providers. As part of the Auxilion organisation, you will work directly on a client site working closely with the in-house team to provide the best possible technical service and customer experience that the client requires. As an organisation, we offer all our employees access to an online training platform, career progression and a supportive environment.
The key function of the role is to provide professional technical advice, implementation and consulting. The Technology Consultant (TC) will be expected to provide installation, customization and integration services. Responsible for optimizing customer’s environment according to client’s business needs. Must be able to understand client’s needs and transform them. The TC has full responsibility in leading technical implementation/optimization/integration within time and budget. Will drive customer technical acceptance and will typically work in virtual teams e.g. with Project Manager or Client Success Manager.
To work within virtual teams e.g. with Project manager to provide multi-vendor technical consulting, project management, design & installation services to customers. Become the technical advisor for customers. Act as a single point of contact for technical purposes during the roll out and ongoing Customer engagement and ensure projects are implemented within pre-set objectives and budgets.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has the following experince and knowledge:
- Hands on – technical experience in services area
- Imaging and Printing technology experience
- Network and Network Management Expertise
- Consultative approach – preferred
- Expertise in simple database setup MSSQL
- Technical market knowledge and competition knowledge
- Basic Project Management
- Microsoft: Windows Server/Print Servers, Active Directory, SQL Server, SQL Management Studio, Windows 7/10.
- Installation and configuration of software applications, print drivers, etc. in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Print management solution experience, Safecom, Equitrac, LRS or competitor solutions
- Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Proxying, NAT , VPN, Load balancing, SMTP, SNMP, Active Directory, LDAP
- Scripting: Visual Basic, Shell/CMD, PowerShell
- Security: Certificates, Encryption, HTTPS/IPPS, OAuth/OpenID Connect, Role Based Access Control
- Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V – previous experience with virtualization technologies and server & storage hardware.
- Cloud: Azure / AWS: Deploying servers & software in cloud environment; be able to setup a Proof of concept in a cloud/hybrid-cloud environment.
- Working in partnership with Sales, Pre-Sales and Project Managers
- Leader of virtual technical team, especially when 3rd parties are involved
- Manages external and internal partners in the delivery of their technical solution
What you get to do in this role
- Ratify, own and deliver against solution design and SOW (working alongside the Solution Architect/Consultant)
- Communicate a cloud based design to a customer / service provider for them to deploy the infrastructure (networking, servers, etc)
- Contribute to due diligence activities
- Provide input on technical project plan
- Conduct solutions plan, design and test activities
- Manage relationships with any 3rd party installation partners
- Provide technical escalation management through to divisions
- Contribute to formal technical escalations (from a technical perspective)
- Technical implementation/integration on time and pre-agreed budget and within contractual parameters
- Review/Seek approval from 3rd Party Solutions
- Conduct pre-requisite activities for Remote Monitoring / printing solutions
- Assist in resolving silent printer device issues (from a technical perspective)
- 3rd party technical evaluation/coordination/integration
- Technical lead throughout deployment
- Conduct pre-deployment site survey (if required)
- Assist with Remote Monitoring reporting capabilities
- Conduct planning with the Project Manager to ensure careful & accurate scheduling
- Work on customers site when required and for specific project gates or meetings
- Provide consultancy around systems integration issues
- Positive approach to challenges
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Focus on outcomes – high customer satisfaction, project delivery timescales met
- Drive to ensure project timelines are kept and deployment of MPS is rapid and reliant
- A can-do attitude and a growth mindset
- Team player
Education and Experience Required
8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total).
- Experience in software, infrastructure, and integration
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience in outsourcing, managed services and professional services
- Industry qualifications relevant to role, in-house or industry body i.e. CompTia
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.