Careers: Technical Consultant
As a Technical Consultant you will be working either directly, or alongside, a Senior Technical Consultant, with our sales, pre-sales and delivery teams plus senior customer technical leads to scope and deliver solutions.
The role of the Technical Consultant is critical to our consulting and services business and will be instrumental in delivering client projects.
The role is client facing, providing independent and expert consultancy support to projects across a wide range of industry sectors.
The right candidate must be able to clearly explain the benefits and underlying concepts of their area of expertise. They must also be able to articulate how we can help customers realise the benefits. They will also possess the ability to implement the proposed solutions.
The Technical Consultant must possess a strong business acumen – with awareness of the current business environment and the challenges it presents to organisations.
- Technical delivery, design, and planning.
- Assist Sales in solution pricing.
- Be a “trusted expert advisor” when needed – maintaining detailed industry knowledge.
- Post sales Technical Delivery ownership of delivery activities.
- Experience in implementing complex IT services
- Experience in the designing and implementation of Microsoft Azure solutions involving the following technologies:
- Virtual Machines
- Virtual Networking
- Network Security Groups
- User Defined Routing
- Network Virtual Appliances
- Private Endpoints
- Private DNS
- Application Gateway and Azure Front Door
- Implementation and troubleshooting
- WAF rules and troubleshooting
- ARM template and PowerShell design and deployment
- Cosmos DB
- Web and Function Apps
- Logic Apps
- Key Vault
- Service Bus
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Dell Boomi
- Strong business, commercial and risk management awareness with proven ability in the application of technical design governance.
- Technical consultancy experience covering a variety of clients, a formal solution design and development methodology, formal project lifecycle experience, and experience of leading the technical design and implementation of a number of significant projects.
Experience & Skills
- A third level qualification in IT or relevant experience
- Professional ICT accreditations.
- Ideally over 1 years’ experience of working as a Technical Consultant within a professional services environment, including 3+ within the IT industry
- Strong communications skills to describe, educate and coach others in the implementation of your designs; and good powers of negotiation and persuasion to bring others onboard.
- Able to identify the best way to solve technical problems paying attention to limitations in software and hardware and assess and select the technologies needed to support them.
- Good team member with good communication skills at all levels of seniority.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- The ability to develop relationships with staff and clients.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong business/customer focus or awareness.
An Irish company with global ambitions
There are a whole range of other reasons to work at Auxilion including:
- Accountability: We encourage our staff to be accountable and proactively look to solve for our clients. As a result, our team members ‘own’ part of the success of every project they deliver.
- Development: We hire the best so we know our teams excel at their job –However we also recognise that the curious, dynamic people we work with are always looking to push their abilities. With that in mind, we offer training opportunities to staff to ensure they are constantly challenged and improving their own professional development.
- Complexity: Challenging and complex projects are our speciality. Our team work on projects that are often challenging, pushing them to the limits of their abilities – but that’s where a career in Auxilion is most rewarding. Being challenged and learning every day.
- Reward: Auxilion believe in recognising the hard work of our employees, acknowledging helpful team members and those that manage to overcome issues to deliver successful projects. Our monthly ‘Key Contributor’ award is peer led, giving your team mates an opportunity to reward your hard work. There are also team nights, dinners and other activities, ensuring your hard work never goes unnoticed.
- Well-being: The physical and mental well-being of our employees is paramount. Our People & Talent team work with staff to promote health and wellbeing activities that include health challenges and mindfulness sessions.
- Progression: In Auxilion, we are lucky enough to have staff working with us for over 20 years. Our secret is simple – value staff, offer opportunities and promote from within the organisation. This gives our employees the chance to meet their career goals while helping to bring Auxilion to the next level.
- Trust: Transparency is important in order to encourage open dialogue with management and our teams. We put our trust in our employees and empower them so they can make the right decisions and be responsible for some of the company’s success.
Auxilion is committed to building a diverse, skilled and talented team. We want our team to be proud to work for Auxilion and enable them to do great work. If this sounds like the type of place you would like to work, get in touch with our People & Talent team – Rhona looks forward to hearing from you.