This position is to provide overall operational management of the SOC Infrastructure support team as a whole and ensure it achieves it’s SLA and KPI goals. The candidate will also be an escalation for complex incidents and help develop the service we offer customers by making recommendations on how we can improve our service offerings.
- Experience of leading a Technical Team in a Support environment (minimum 3 years)
- Good communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cross train team members on core technologies and mentor junior staff.
- Provide direct and remote escalated application/server support for core technologies.
- Qualities: Integrity, attention to detail, timeline sensitive, goal oriented, motivated.
- Ability to cope with pressures of peak workloads, short deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Third level qualification would be desirable but not essential.
Strong knowledge of the following:
- Windows Server
- Virtualisation (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Cloud (Azure)
- Messaging (Exchange, O365)
- Backup systems
What the teams does:
- Working in a 24x7 support environment the infrastructure team focuses on continuous operation of the various customer estates, many of them running in a high availability environment.
- Handling technical escalations and incidents across the supported estates.
- Providing technical expertise and recommendations for major incidents and their analysis
- Ability to review current process and procedures and implement changes.
- Utilise previous experience to recommend additional services we can offer our customers.
- Working with the Customer Experience Managers to ensure customers are properly managed and supported
- Mentor Junior Engineers in their technical Career Progression