The annual Microsoft Build event took place recently and was held entirely online for the first time ever. In the last three months, Microsoft’s renowned cloud solution ‘Microsoft 365’ has been integral in the effort to maintain productivity whilst working from home. Microsoft has been working hard on some valuable new features, which were unveiled at the online event.
Here’s our list of the best new updates:
Outlook is used across the world to help people stay connected. The latest capabilities include:
- Text predictions for faster email: The web version will enjoy text predictions via advanced AI to help in producing faster and more polished emails.
- Yammer through Outlook: Conversations, polls, questions and praise can now we viewed without leaving Outlook. Yammer is now also an app in Teams.
Microsoft Teams is the hub for remote team collaboration; combining meetings, calls, files and chat in one powerful solution. Here are the latest improvements:
- Custom apps & automated workflows: Developers and admin users can add custom apps to Teams with a single click. Teams-specific automation triggers will also enable custom message extensions and automated @mentioning and posting to channels.
- Power BI reporting: Power BI users can share reports to Teams in one click, and direct single or multiple recipients’ attention to a specific report. Simply click ‘Send to Teams’ in Power BI to get started.
- Virtual appointments: Easily schedule and manage virtual appointments using the Booking app integration within Teams; an efficient and scalable way to control schedules and appointments in the era of remote working.
- Broadcast events: Presentations and interviews can be a challenge when working remotely, but with a new function called Network Device Interface (NDI), more advanced broadcasting options are available to improve the experience.
- Customisable templates: You can create a new team quickly with customisable templates to suit specific business orientations and industries. All templates come with pre-defined channels, apps and guidance to save you time and hassle.